Friday, June 17, 2011

Hooray for Friday!

This week felt superrrrr long for me. By day, I manage a fitness center in Philadelphia.  It’s the end of the fiscal year, and my employees are cashing in their vacation time before it expires, so I’ve been filling in the gaps on the schedule.  This week, my opener is enjoying his time off, so I had the pleasure of waking up at 4:30am, 4:45am, OK, 5:00am to get ready, commute into Philly and open the gym by 6:00am.

I know, I know... I always get the weirdest looks when my gym patrons find out I’m a baker, or when my baking friends find out I work in a gym! It’s like this secret double-life I lead, but one that is no where near as glamourous as the likes of James Bond... though I wouldn't mind looking like a Bond girl, they are so foxy! Speaking of which, I could definitely use a makeover. Working in a gym, my closet is full of track suits, t-shirts and sneakers...

Wait, what was I talking about? Ah yes, it’s FRIDAY!  I'm really excited for this weekend. My hubby and I are headed to Lancaster to visit my parents.  Saturday will be all business; we've got a lot of stands to get painted, packed and shipped.  Then Sunday is Father's Day!  It was enough pressure to get my amazing Dad something great for Father's Day before, but now that he's my business partner, I really need to "knock it out of the park".  Lucky for him, I have something really fun planned!

What are you up to this weekend?

xoxo,
  Kim

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I, too, have a background in Fitness!! I have the same funny looks when I tell people.

    My degree is in Kinesiology, worked in Corporate Fitness, and now just at our local hospital affiliated center.

    ReplyDelete