Monday, June 20, 2011

My Weekend in Pictures

So while I was in Lancaster this past weekend, I was very busy in my mom's kitchen.  First things first, I bet you're wondering what I made my dad for Father's Day... well... here it is - a cake pop stand CAKE! :)  

My dad cracked up laughing as soon as I saw it, so I think it was a big hit!  It's a "9-Pop stand" French vanilla cake, "painted white" with fondant & green patterned dots.

I also whipped up a batch of cake pops for my Nan's birthday, for her to share with her friends at her nursing home. My mom was a great assistant, helping roll the cake balls and cutting out the fondant flowers.  Nan loved her cake pops, and was so excited to show them to her girlfriends that sit at her table at dinner.

And that my friends, is why I bake. It's the best feeling in the world to see someone's face light up, when they receive something you created.  It makes all the hard work worth it!  (especially the friggin' dirty icing... if you've ever made a fondanted cake, you know the process of dirty icing. It's the bane of my baking existence).

I am SO glad I had my new fancy camera to capture these moments. 

Check out my pics after the jump below ("Read More")!

xoxo,
  Kim




Cake pop stand CAKE

Daugher & Father, Kim & Jim


Flower pops for Nan's birthday

Nan cheezin' for the camera


Nan sharing her pops with her friends


1 comment:

  1. OMG I love the cake pops stand cake!! So cute....almost as cute as your Nan <3

    ReplyDelete