Thursday, June 30, 2011

You Put Bacon In What?

I love any kind of cooking show. Top Chef, Master Chef, Next Iron Chef... if there's "Chef" in the title, it's probably on my DVR.  One thing I've been noticing on all of these foodie shows is the use of bacon in baking!   Yes, bacon in baked goods; everything from frostings, to cupcakes, to cookies - you name it, people are putting bacon in it.

My initial reaction to this craze was: um, ew?  But all of these foodies can't be wrong... can they?

I'll be in Lancaster this weekend to work on cake pop stand business, but I'll definitely have some downtime.  My mom and I love to bake together, so I'm thinking it may be time for a little experiment?  Here are the top three recipes I'm considering:


Bacondoodles (Snickerdoodle + Bacon): Recipe

Chocolate-Oatmeal Cupcakes with Maple-Bacon Buttercream: Recipe

Golden Beer Cupcakes with Beer & Bacon Frosting: Recipe

Which one should I try?   Would you eat a baked good with bacon in it?

xoxo,
  Kim

1 comment:

  1. I have made chocolate chip cookies with bacon many times and they are DELISH!! Just make sure the bacon is almost crispy or the cookie gets greasy :) Don't be afraid lmao

    ReplyDelete