Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sports-Minded Baker

I'm not sure about you guys, but I have a tendency to associate colors with certain things... mainly, sports.  So it should've came as no shock to me today when I couldn't figure out what color combinations to use for my "tie-dye" marble cake pops. 

I planned on using pink, yellow, green, blue and purple, and I wanted to determine what colors I was pairing together before I started melting the chocolates, to try to be efficient.  But then my color-association problem came up.

Yellow and purple?  No... those are the Vikings' colors (or the Lakers, but I'm not a basketball fan).



Green and yellow?  Negative, that's the Pack.



Hmm... I got it! Orange and green?  #!*$... Miami Hurricanes.



After awhile, I just waived the white flag and matched up the colors randomly. I'm probably the only nut who thinks of this stuff anyways, haha.  It's all good, I have no shame in admitting I can be a little crazy about this sort of thing :)

By the way, the cake pops turned out really cool.  I'll post pics later this week!

xoxo,
  Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment